WELCOME! I'm very happy you've found your way to my blog where I post some of the interesting things I've found in my travels and that I'm offering for sale. I hope you find something you'd love to live with - something that inspires you or makes you smile.
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris


Sunday, September 26, 2010

DeSimone Pottery Plates



 
DeSimone Plates, Italy 1965
Goat - $40/each   $25 (small chip on rim)
Cat - SOLD

The DeSimone line of pottery was created by Sicilian aristocrat turned artist, Giovanni DeSimone.  He studied extensively under famed artist Pablo Picasso, whose influences are evident in the bright colors and simple lines of  DeSimone’s ceramic art.  His original, handmade ceramic designs and inspirations now live through the work of his daughters. 

1 comment:

  1. He did not study under pablo picasso. that is just a crappy bit of internet rubbish which is being propogated by lots of people... not just you.

    ReplyDelete