WELCOME! I'm very happy you've found your way to my blog where I post some of the interesting things I've found in my travels and that I'm offering for sale. I hope you find something you'd love to live with - something that inspires you or makes you smile.
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hand Carved Weeping Buddah




This 3" weeping buddah sculpture was hand carved in Indonesia I believe.  It's smooth to the touch and great to hold in your hands and admire.  I'm not sure of the wood, but it ranges from dark striated black to light brown on the back.  I like the weeping Buddha's concept: the world is profoundly sad, they say, and someone has to always be weeping for its sorrows, so that you can be joyful.
SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment