WELCOME! I'm very happy you've found your way to my blog where I post some of the interesting things I've found in my travels and that I'm offering for sale. I hope you find something you'd love to live with - something that inspires you or makes you smile.
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris


Monday, August 29, 2011

1849 Bilder Atlas Scientific Prints













I was intrigued by these scientific anatomy prints, a lot of 20 total. They are 1849 engraving by Henry Winkles from the Bilder Atlas zum Conversations - Lexikon Ikonographische Encyclopadie der Wissenschaften und Kunste (Iconographic Encyclopedia of Science and Art) by German author Johann Georg Heck - Leipzig 1849.

I've posted six of them here along with some close-up details. You can click into each image to see more details.

Each print meaures 9-1/4 x 11-3/4 in.

SOLD
(Why didn't I keep at least one of these for myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment