WELCOME! I'm very happy you've found your way to my blog where I post some of the interesting things I've found in my travels and that I'm offering for sale. I hope you find something you'd love to live with - something that inspires you or makes you smile.
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris


Monday, November 14, 2011

Lincoln Bank Orange Syrup




Lincoln Bank Orange Syrup Bottle, 1952.  Label is still intact (if a little peeling).  I wonder what this stuff tasted like. Made in Lawrence, MA. Below is some info I found posted by from Brown Univ.

The design was based on an 1898 glass bottle shaped like Uncle Sam, as well as the classic piggy bank of the 20th century. Once the Lincoln bottle was empty; the lid could be cut so as to make a slot for coins. It was the first combination syrup/bank bottle ever produced. In 1954, the company changed its name to Lincoln Foods. A year later, they came out with a George Washington version of their popular bank bottle

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment