WELCOME! I'm very happy you've found your way to my blog where I post some of the interesting things I've found in my travels and that I'm offering for sale. I hope you find something you'd love to live with - something that inspires you or makes you smile.
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris


Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"Karzai" Robe




This an absolutely beautiful hand spun silk and embroidered robe from Afganistan. It may look familiar to you. It is the same type of robe worn by Hamid Karzai, draped over his shoulders.  You may not like his politics but you can't deny the man has style.  The sleeve length is as long as the robe length which I understand denotes someone of very high order or ranking.  Rich royal colors on the heavy handspun silk outer coat, a dotted cotton cloth in the interior.  The collar and edges have hand-embroidery.  I had this for many years displayed in my living area, but it could be worn by someone with more daring fashion style than me.

Price:  $300

No comments:

Post a Comment