WELCOME! I'm very happy you've found your way to my blog where I post some of the interesting things I've found in my travels and that I'm offering for sale. I hope you find something you'd love to live with - something that inspires you or makes you smile.
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Salt Glazed Stoneware Flagon



,

Love this small flagon found in Vermont which somehow found its way from Dorset, England.

After some web searching, I thought this may be by potter, Tim Hurn. Check out this cool You Tube video of Hurn stocking his traditional wood-fired kiln.  However, I had someone who knows English pottery look at this and it is not Hurn but a copy of a early flagon. It was probably made in second half of 20th century and not sure of the maker. Oh well. Half the fun is finding something you like and then doing research to learn more about it.  It's a nice example of traditional English pottery.

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment