WELCOME! I'm very happy you've found your way to my blog where I post some of the interesting things I've found in my travels and that I'm offering for sale. I hope you find something you'd love to live with - something that inspires you or makes you smile.
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris


Monday, August 29, 2011

American Inlay Fanback Side Chair






I fell in love with this beautiful chair while antiquing during vacation in Maine and just had to doubleback to get it. Great craftsmanship, quality and form in late eighteenth century style. Likely made in the early 20th century. I love the delicate proportions of the splayed fanback and legs. I believe it's mahogany with Sheraton style satinwood for the inlay. This style is not in great favor these days - but if you're someone who appreciates more traditional style and high quality craftsmanship - this is a super piece.

$120

No comments:

Post a Comment