WELCOME! I'm very happy you've found your way to my blog where I post some of the interesting things I've found in my travels and that I'm offering for sale. I hope you find something you'd love to live with - something that inspires you or makes you smile.
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris


Friday, August 24, 2012

Snug Harbor Farm, Kennebunk, Maine


I had heard many great things about Snug Harbor Farm in Kennebunk, Maine and had driven by once last Fall without stopping. On my recent Maine trip, I decided to stop in for a visit. I'm very glad I did as it is a special and enchanting place.

 There were a few workers around but none of them acknowledged me (which I was happy about) because I was able to explore around the property with its many buildings at my own pace. I first strolled through the many green houses with rows of unique, lush plants. 




Snug Harbor is known for their topiaries, which were dutifully standing at attention. I love plants but honestly know next to nothing about them. I've always said that I'll reserve that hobby for my later years. 





I was surprised to discover a row of wired coops with an array of chickens and other exotic fowl. They were as equally curious about checking me out as I was them. Chickens are beautiful creatures. I often think I need to go vegetarian but I try not to think about that too much. 









I can not think of a more perfect place to have an intimate wedding party or special event. 






There is a rambling retail shop with gorgeous painted wood floors and unique plants and garden items expertly arranged into charming vignettes. 


 


I purchased a potted Begonia Fuchsioides, a large weeping, small leaf plant with magenta vines. I hope to keep it alive for awhile.


I will try to visit again sometime this Fall and maybe pick out a pumpkin.



I hope you've enjoyed the tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment