WELCOME! I'm very happy you've found your way to my blog where I post some of the interesting things I've found in my travels and that I'm offering for sale. I hope you find something you'd love to live with - something that inspires you or makes you smile.
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris


Tuesday, October 15, 2013

1800's Northeast Native American Black Ash Splint Basket


This amazing, pristine basket speaks for itself as shown in the many photos included here.  It's large, at least 20" diameter (exact dimensions to come).  It believe this to be a northeast Native American Woodlands made basket made of black ash splints, made sometime within the 1800s.  I have never come across a comparable basket in this shape.




























No comments:

Post a Comment