WELCOME! I'm very happy you've found your way to my blog where I post some of the interesting things I've found in my travels and that I'm offering for sale. I hope you find something you'd love to live with - something that inspires you or makes you smile.
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris


Sunday, April 29, 2012

Merritt Island Pottery Bowl



Beautiful Florida pottery by Mel Casper, Merritt Island Pottery
Measures approx. 4" diameter and 2" height.

 I've found and a few nice Merritt Island Pottery pieces over the past few years.  They are distinct in their glazing with a very clear signature. There is a lot written about Mel Casper and Merritt Island Pottery. Here is an interesting article from Orlando Sentinal from 1986.  He seemed like quite a character. Mel died in 2001 so his pieces are becoming more rare as collectors scoop them up.   

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment